Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone, which is also produced in testicles in the adrenal glands. This hormone has many functions that are essential to maintaining the health of the organism. It helps in forming muscle, maintaining mental balance and memory skills, and helps in orientation in space and coordination. It is important for building solid bones, changing voice, and hairiness.
Testosterone is needed both for women and men because:
- produces more body energy and less fat tissue
- increases muscle mass and strengthens bones
- improves mood
- maintains sexual desire.
The signs of low levels of male sex hormone levels are poor concentration, low libido, fatigue, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, obesity, and increased risk for type 2 diabetes. Another bad news is that if you have this problem, your muscles will not be able to enough to grow, so exercise will be a waste of time.
Low levels of testosterone can be affected by trauma of the testicles, sports injuries, mumps, pituitary tumors, and long-lasting illnesses. However, testosterone levels naturally begin to decline with age.
If you suspect that you have any of the symptoms listed, it would be good to check the seven characters that point to this problem:
- Low Libido
Reduced libido can be caused by stress, lack of sleep, hormonal problems, and poor nutrition. But the most significant and obvious sign of low testosterone is the sudden fall in sexual desire.
Symptoms of low levels of testosterone do not include the always lack of sexual arousal. Some men have unchanged sexual desire with a relatively low level of testosterone.
- Erectile dysfunction
In order to have a strong erection, it is necessary to have good circulation, normal sensitivity, and sexual urge. The male hormone testosterone is responsible for all of the above. If its level is not sufficient, it is desirable to take any testosterone booster that will improve this condition. They will allow you to restore your confidence and have greater success in intimate relationships.
- Excessive weight
In obese men, the level of testosterone is reduced, which is considered to be a consequence of reduced protein levels to which testosterone binds. In fact, several studies showed that 40 percent of obese men have reduced testosterone levels.
- Sleep Problems
When the level of testosterone in the body is low, it is possible to experience difficulties in sleeping. Restless dreams and difficult relaxation can really exhaust a man and make him unhappy.
- Energy loss
If you are very tired after larger meals, you have no motivation and you are always looking for a job at ease or during demanding activities, you probably have a lower testosterone level than usual.
- Lack of concentration
Since testosterone is responsible for concentration, if its level is low, memory problems may arise.
Many men who are facing this problem claim they are often forgetful and not focused enough to talk. This can become a major problem in carrying out daily activities and it is, therefore, necessary to seek medical assistance.
- Reduced hairiness
Testosterone deficiency can cause hair loss but also other hair on the body, including hair on the face, hands, lower leg, and genital area.
If you find that you have this problem, it is important to know that certain products can optimize the level of testosterone and thus avoid negative effects on the body and mind.
How should testosterone boosters help increase testosterone?
Is it possible to overcome low testosterone symptoms? Yes, but it takes to look for the testosterone boosters. The good news is that there are various T booster products on the market today. To prove their effectiveness, we will show you some of the benefits of taking testosterone boosters:
- Increased Muscle Strength
The male sex hormone testosterone is the key hormone that is responsible for developing muscular strength in the body. Once you start taking testosterone boosters, you will most probably first start to notice better muscular strength. Muscle strength is very important for every man, especially those who use their physical strength during everyday work or spend their time at the gym.
- Increased Muscle Mass
In addition to previously mentioned, with improved muscular strength taking T boosters will increase the muscle mass as well. Testosterone boosters will do the job instead of natural testosterone (which is missing) and stimulate the anabolic processes, so your muscles will grow again. On the other hand, those effects will last, which is also a major advantage. Testosterone causes protein synthesis stimulation, increased glycogen levels in the muscles, and increased mineral content in the bones, resulting in a massive decrease in fatty tissue and an increase in muscle mass.
- Improved Sex Drive
Testosterone is, among others, responsible for sex drive in both men and women, but also for erectile function. Therefore, low levels of testosterone will affect your sex drive. Once you choose to take testosterone boosters, it will regain your sex drive at the level of the young male. You will feel less tired and less stressed, and therefore more ready to be aroused. Besides positive effects on the psychological aspects of sex drive, testosterone boosters also improve circulation, which is extremely important for a strong erection.
- The decrease in Fatty Tissue
Men experiencing low levels of testosterone are usually overweight and having excessive fatty tissue. Taking testosterone boosters will lead to improved fat burning processes. That is very important for your health since the fat tends to surround organs like the liver or heart and can lead to serious health issues.
- At last, but not at least, here are some additional benefits of taking testosterone boosters
Taking testosterone boosters and regaining normal levels of testosterone in your body will have a positive impact on your mood and will withdraw all negative and depressing thoughts. Besides that, your sleeping pattern will come back to normal and in the morning you will get up refreshed and ready to face the challenges. You will feel vigorous and your concentration will improve as well.
Testosterone Supplements that can boost testosterone levels
The optimum production of testosterone is closely linked to the intake of omega-3 fatty acids that are taken in the form of fish oil. Omega-3 fatty acids lower the level of cortisol, and in this way favorably affect the ratio of testosterone: cortisol (T: C).
Zinc is a mineral that directly increases testosterone levels. One of the mechanisms to achieve this is the conversion of androstenedione to testosterone. The frequent finding of low testosterone in today’s population can be associated with the finding of zinc deficiency, and vegetarians are particularly prone to it because the foods are rich in zinc, mostly of animal origin. Rich sources of zinc are veal liver, beef and lamb, and from plant sources sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and watermelon seeds.
Selenium is considering his potential protective role against the damage of reproductive function caused by heavy metals through the activation of enzymes for the synthesis of testosterone that will increase synthesis and favorably affect the spermatogenesis and reproductive power of men. Vitamin C lowers cortisol levels and allows the body to normally synthesize testosterone. Also, vitamin C inhibits aromatase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen.
Vitamins A, B, and E are of minor importance for the production of testosterone. They can be compensated by a sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables, nuts.
There are also magnesium, iron, and vitamin D within testosterone boosters.
6 Primary Testosterone Boosting Foods:
1) Meat – There are a number of studies that confirm the effect of meat-fed diet on testosterone, and one of the new ones has been conducted in Denmark. The study aimed to compare the effects of vegetarian and nutrition-rich meat on testosterone and other sex hormones. Athletes dealing with durability sports were included. In both groups, the intake of macronutrients was the same: 58% of carbohydrates, 28% of fats, and 14% of proteins. After 6 weeks, there was a significant drop in total testosterone in a vegetarian group of subjects. Another study has shown that vegetarians have less testosterone available in situations requiring an androgenic response, which is a normal function of testosterone (for example, an anabolic response after training with a load).
2) Beef contains minerals that are crucial for the optimum secretion of testosterone, and these are zinc and proteins. In addition, it also contains iron, magnesium, and saturated fatty acids (required for the production of testosterone).
3) Veal as a protein source is a very good basis for nutrition of the bodybuilders. In addition to the protein contains a lot of zinc and in combination with proteins, it makes an excellent choice of food that encourages the production of testosterone.
4) Eggs contain cholesterol that is a precursor for testosterone synthesis and is also a great source of vitamins B5 and B6 that help establish a hormonal balance.
5) Leafy green vegetables – useful foods are broccoli and kale because they contain indole-3-carbinol, a natural antiestrogen, which increases the ratio of testosterone: estrogen in men. On the other hand, garlic contains allicin, a substance that is a natural cortisol inhibitor (studies have shown that garlic increases the level of testosterone, but it also has the possibility of reducing cortisol).
6) Fish (salmon) – In addition to a high percentage of protein, and very little fat, the fish contains a lot of vitamins like B5, B6, and B12, each of which affects reproductive health and testosterone levels.
Something more exotic when it comes to foods that are natural testosterone boosters are shellfish. They contain a large amount of zinc, which, in addition to stimulating the secretion of testosterone, increases the quality of the seed fluid, is also a very important element in the treatment of infertility. In addition to zinc, shells are enriched with magnesium, and they also have a lot of proteins so they are an excellent choice when there is a possibility.
Nut fruits contain “healthy fats” as well as essential fatty acids needed to increase testosterone levels. A handful of nuts can balance your diet and increase testosterone levels.
Less fatty cheese can be an excellent food in the stage of building mass, but also fat burning. Fat-free cheese is almost pure protein. In addition to a high percentage of proteins, cheese also contains the necessary quantities of zinc for the production of testosterone.
Why is it important to take Testosterone boosters?
As we see, keeping testosterone in the optimum range has many advantages, and the role of testosterone in the body is complex and does not end only on increased strength during training. We can influence on testosterone level with the training regimen, by introducing certain foods in the diet, and by the proper selection of supplements that have been shown to work favorably on testosterone levels.