Now that I have your attention! I know that the new Fad in weight loss is HCG injections for weight loss. Now I am overweight and decided to give this a try to assist in my weight loss goals. I made an appointment with the doctor and went to my first appointment. Now begins the realization!
First of all most insurances will NOT cover the injections. So typically you will have to pay around $25.00 per injection. Secondly pay close attention to what the doctor says.
Anyway, I go into the doctors office and wait in the room. The doctor comes in and spoke with me about medical conditions, what I have tried, and how much weight I need to lose. A nurse took my measurements and weight. Then the doctor proceeds to discuss the “guidelines” of using the injections. Now this is where I should have walked away but it didn’t dawn on me until a few weeks later that I was wasting my hard earned money!!
Guidelines Given to me by the Doctor:
- Come once a week for the injection. (given in the tummy)
- No more than 1,000 calories per day.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. (Suggested Stair Climbing)
- Water and only Water, no soda, milk, coffee, or juice. (Juice had to be 100% juice w/ no sugar)
- Take your prescription weight loss meds!
Now, I have all of my information and I am ready to begin the journey to a new me! Oops, don’t forget I mentioned that it is a waste of money to get the injections! Now we will get to that. Lets recap on my instructions from the Doctor and see if you can find the flaws!
- Come once a week for injections. Okay first of all each time you go, the doctor gets insurance money for the visit and cash money from you for the injection. So they are getting paid twice.
- Eat only 1,000 calories per day. Now I don’t know if you caught this, but the average diet is 2,000-2,500 calories per day. So basically you are living off of a lot of fruits and veggies, with some meat (very small portion) per day! Now if you don’t lose pound on 1,000 calories per day something is wrong! Your half starved, feeling bad, and hungry all the time!
- Exercise 5 times a week. Now exercise is great, wonderful for the body and mind! BUT when you take in only 1,000 calories per day, and exercise to lose the weight, you also lose all of the calories for that day, so you are running on fumes! How can anyone survive that way! The truth is they can, however, they are not going to be the most energetic person to be around.
- Water and only water. Not a problem we all need to drink more water.
- Oh my favorite! Take your medication! Phentermine, Bontil, or whatever prescription weight loss/ appetite suppressant the doctor gives you. Now if the injections were that great, what is the need for the extra medication??
Now, have you noticed the flaw in the program. Even without the injections you WILL drop pounds, your half starved, burning off all calories in your body, and miserable. (typical diet) But here lies the problem, what did the injections do?? Not a thing, you cant say the injections caused the weight loss, the lifestyle did! Hmm, 1,000 calories a day (starving), Exercising 5 days a week (burn up all your calories and then some), and take meds (for weight loss/appetite suppressant). Those 3 all by themselves will cause a drastic drop in weight, as well as well being and energy loss.
I know that this is a lot to take in, and this is a personal experience. However, given my experience I would recommend that you don’t waste your time or money on these injections. This seems to be just another fad to waste time and money, when this is not the time to be wasting anything! Good luck to you all!