Testosterone is a male sex hormone which is responsible for vital functions in the body:
- the quality of male sexual life and strong erection.
- the development of muscle mass,
- fat degradation, faster recovery,
- increased power and energy and
Low testosterone is associated with a higher mortality rate in men. Also, low testosterone makes you fat, tired, insecure, and frightened. Testosterone in the body of a man plays an important role that determines the amount of muscle mass, strength, libido, life energy, and maintenance of low levels of body fat. Low testosterone levels are associated with:
- greater risk of cardiovascular disease
- narrowing of carotid arteries
- frequent congestive heart failure
- increased body mass index
- type 2 diabetes.
Total testosterone is reduced by about 1-2% per year, starting sometime from our 30s. Men who are approaching middle age are less physically active and consume larger amounts of unhealthy food and alcohol.
As you can see, testosterone is very important for health and it is necessary to eliminate all causes that reduce testosterone production if we can influence them. Perhaps the best way to fight low levels of this valuable hormone is by affecting its increased secretion.
What are testosterone boosters?
Testosterone stimulants (Testosterone boosters) are nutritional supplements that increase levels of testosterone in the blood. They are most often defined as a class of herbal or other legally approved supplements aimed at increasing the level of natural testosterone in the body.
Which are the most important ingredients in top quality testosterone boosters?
D-Aspartic Acid (D-AA)
D Aspartic acid is produced primarily in pituitary, hypothalamus, and testis. It plays a key role in the level of libido and tissue growth. It stimulates and gives signals to molecules that in turn stimulate activity in testicles and pituitary glands. In terms of sporting goals, this process helps to fine-tune the muscles without fat, increases strength, durability, and energy.
- Key Benefits of taking D-AA:
- Increases muscle mass
- Assists the production of growth compounds
- Increases muscle strength and energy.
When I’m choosing which testosterone booster to buy, to which ingredients I have to pay attention to?
There are plenty of various testosterone boosters on the market nowadays. However, when you’re trying to make up your mind and buy a specific one, we recommend you to check the ingredients and especially pay attention to the following substances:
Prophet Muhammad said of the little seed of cakes: “To know the value of this plant, you would pay its weight in gold.”
It is one of the oldest medicinal plants that dates back to the time of ancient Egyptians and Hippocrates.
Herb fenugreek can be classified into the natural wonders of the ancient times when it was extremely praised and appreciated. It is an inevitable ingredient of curry and other spicy mixtures which are still very popular in India and the Middle East cuisine.
Besides use in food preparation, herb fenugreek is a very important ingredient in testosterone boosters because of one great feature-improvement of the sex drive and erection.
ZMA complex is an essential mineral-vitamin combination containing zinc, magnesium, and B6. The ZMA is a very popular supplement among athletes (endurance and strength sports) as well as among bodybuilders. ZMA is a supplement that can raise zinc and magnesium levels, natural secretion of anabolic hormones (IGF-1 and free testosterone), can improve strength and ensure that zinc and magnesium reserves are not discharged during intensive training. It consists of a special mixture of ingredients that are important for vital biochemical processes: Zinc (30 mg), Magnesium (450 mg), and Vitamin B6 (11 mg).
There are plenty of positive effects of ZMA and that is why every top quality testosterone booster has to contain that ingredient:
- maintenance of normal testosterone levels
- regulation of hormonal activity
- reproductive health and the effects of infertility
- contributes to normal protein synthesis and metabolism of carbohydrates (macronutrients)
- contributes to the metabolism of fatty acids, acid-base metabolism, electrolyte balance
- supports the normal function of the nervous system – transmission of nerve impulses and muscle
- contractions, including the heart muscle
- reduces fatigue and improves sleep quality
- contributes to normal cognitive and psychological functions
- contributes to the function of the immune system
- contributes to the preservation of the health of the eyes, bones, hair, nails, skin, teeth
- plays a role in the processes of cell division, normal DNA synthesis, the formation of red blood cells
- protects cells against oxidative stress (antioxidant effect).
Vitamin D is one of the essential vitamins that we as a human race need to survive. Vitamin D helps bone health, improves the immune system, improves fertility, helps brain development, and also increases testosterone levels.
Essentially, vitamin D itself is not a vitamin. It belongs to the group of secosteroids responsible for the absorption of zinc, magnesium, calcium, and iron. It can be found in foods such as fatty fish (salmon, sardines, and the like), eggs, mushrooms, and the like. Our body is only able to produce vitamin D in a situation where our skin is directly exposed to the sun.
Men who lack vitamin D are highly likely to suffer from a disbalance (low) testosterone compared to men who enter sufficient amounts of vitamin D. Consumption of vitamin D at doses of 3000-5000 IU per day over a year will potentially increase the level of testosterone by 25%.
Consuming vitamin D in quantities that are greater than a sufficient dose will not lead to better results when it comes to testosterone levels, as the hormone level will reach the limit. Although too frequent exposure to the sun and UV rays can be dangerous to the skin, occasional exposure can be a good idea as it contributes to the production of vitamin D in the body.
Supplementation with vitamin D is also a good idea, but be aware that the supplement you intend to use is high quality and that it contains vitamin D3 instead of D2 form that is cheaper and whose production processes are questionable.